PMFLIST Archives

April 2000

From:
Anthony Cundell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:24:23 -0400
Martin,
MF is fine.
I would use a combination of AOAC disinfectant testing orgamisms and environmental isolates.
Tony Cundell
Wyeth-AyersT

>>> Martin Sarosi <[log in to unmask]> 04/16 7:48 AM >>>
1) Is a membrane filtration method for validation of bioburden in
disinfectant solutions covered by the 'membrane filtration methods' in
the European and United States Pharmacopoeia?
2) Which environmental isolates would we challenge the method with if
our production environment surface contact plates very rarely show
growth? Is it acceptable to use only the organisms listed as for bulk
bioburden methods in the EP/USP?

Martin Sarosi
on behalf of Pharmig

http://www.pharmig.org.uk/