PMFLIST Archives

April 2000

From:
Zubeda Abraham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:34:34 -0700
Laura,
Per my past clinical microbiology experience,very long rods are seen:
*    When the cells are young and are actually in chains but         can be
interpreted as extraordinarily lond rods.
*    In cultures where the organisms are treated with
antibiotics.
*    Both enterics and non-enterics can behave this way.
Worth trying to grow in very nutrient medium to check if there is a change
in morphology.
Checking the decolorizing step in gram stain.

Ziva Abraham