PMFLIST Archives

April 2000

From:
M Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:22:41 -0400
Answer:
No way Jose.
HEPA's are monitored (usually) once or twice a year, depending on where
(and in what) they are mounted. Leaks and cracks are patched, usually
with silicon material; there are guidelines for how much patching and
obstruction of the original face area can be tolerated before replacement
(I believe it's 15%, but could be wrong). I've never heard of any
scheduled or "routine" replacement of HEPA filters after any amount of
time- that's why they're tested and certified so frequently.
M.Carroll ([log in to unmask])