PMFLIST Archives

April 2000

From:
Anthony Cundell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:52:35 -0400
Jim,
I have been publishing in the PDA J Pharmaceutical Science and Technology.

My recent publications are:

                        McCarthy, RN. Cundell, AM. Doelling, MK. Heat treatment of pharmaceutical
        granulations in a microwave-assisted fluid-bed processor. Pharmaceutical Technology.
20(Jan): p 64, 66, 68, 70, 72-73. 1996.

                        Anderson AS. Bassett G. Burke MT. Cotton ML. Cundell AM. Dammers F.
        Deschenes R. Home Flood M. Greene M. Karaim M. May J. Mestrandrea LW. Metzger
                L.      Miller KS. Munson JW. Orlowski SJ. Price JM. Schady K. Shirtz J. Vanjonack WJ.
M.      Williams RR. Winely C. Wilson JD. White T. Microbiological monitoring of
        environmental conditions for nonsterile pharmaceutical manufacturing. Pharmaceutical
Technology.  21(3) (pp 58-74+10), 1997.

                        Friedel RR,  Cundell AM.  The Application of Water Activity measurements to the
        microbiological attributes of nonsterile OTC Drug products. Pharmacopeial Forum  24(2)
pp6087- 6090 1998

                        Cundell AM  Bean R  Massimore L Maier C.  Statistical analysis of environmental
        monitoring data: does a worst case time for monitoring cleanrooms exist? PDA J.
Pharmaceutical Science & Technology  52(6) pp326-330 1998

 Murphy, TD. Hokes, J. Green, TC. Cundell, AM. Application of response surface methodology to sterilization process development and validation of a water cascade autoclave. PDA Journal of Pharmaceutical Science & Technology. 53(Mar-Apr): p 83-94. 1999.

>>> James McColgan <[log in to unmask]> 04/27 12:06 PM >>>
Hi Tony,

I am looking forward to reading the articles when I get them, I am glad to hear that they look good.

I just recently became aware of the Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology but I had never heard of the Journal of Rapid Methods and Automation in Microbiology.  I didn't think the field of rapid micro was mature enough as of yet for its own journal!!  As to what journals pharmaceutical microbiologist read I am not totally sure.  Talking with some people from strictly QC backgrounds I am not sure if they read any journals.  Being that I come from a development background I get about 20 table of contents a month that I look through.  From an applied point of view I get a lot of good practical information from the J of Applied and Env. Micro and Biotechnology/Bioengineering as well as Nature/Biotechnology.  I think your work would find a large, interested audience in any of those.  I have just started looking at the Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology so I don't have a feel as to how wide an audience that has. I look forward to reading your papers, let me know when and where you decide to publish so I am can be sure to see them.

We are starting to move forward on the validation and implementation of the Scan RDI for assaying in process  bioburden.  I will update you when we have some data.

Jim McColgan
Genetics Institute

>>> Anthony Cundell <[log in to unmask]> 04/26 8:38 AM >>>
Jim,
Luis sent me copies and I find the work very impressive.
I was not aware of the publications as I do you read Journal of Rapid Methods and Automation in Microbiology and Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology.

I am look to publish work in PCR and MALDI TOF Mass Spect.
What publications do pharmaceutical microbiologists routinely read?

Tony Cundell
Wyeth-Ayerst Pharmaceuticals

>>> James McColgan <[log in to unmask]> 04/25 5:35 PM >>>
Luis,

I would appreciate copies of the papers you cited.

You can send them to

Jim McColgan
Cell and Molecular Sciences
Genetics Institute
1 Burtt Rd
Andover, MA.  01810

Thanks

>>> LUIS JIMENEZ <[log in to unmask]> 04/07 6:11 PM >>>
I published several papers on PCR for detecting the 4 USP indicators, mold,
B. cepacia, and sterility testing in pharmaceutical samples.  There are
several sources for probes in the literature which were validated and peer
reviewed.

The references are :

1.  Journal of Industrial Microbiology, Volume 22, 93-95. 1999. 3 USP
indicators (Pseudomonas, S. aureus, and E. coli).

2.  Journal of Rapid Methods and Automation in Microbiology, Volume 6,
67-76. 1998. 1 USP indicator with the BAX system. (Salmonella).

3.  Journal of Rapid Methods and Automation in Microbiology, Volume 7,
39-46. 1999. (Mold)

4.  Journal of the AOAC International (In Press). (B. cepacia).

5. The sterility paper will be published in the Journal of Rapid Methods and
Automation in Microbiology.

If you want a copy of any of these articles let me know about it.

Best wishes,

Luis Jimenez, Ph.D.