PMFLIST Archives

December 2003

From:
"Boesenberg, Diane" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:42:51 -0500
Carolann,

We have used a variety of recording devices for our incubators.

We used to use Fluke K/J recordable thermometers in each incubator - set
them to record and you can read max / min at any time interval you wish.  We
had a set schedule for changing the batteries (1 x / month) to make sure
they did not die on us mid-stream.  We checked the max / min daily - but it
does not tell you how long it was out of range if the max or min are outside
of your set limit for the equipment - just that it was out.

We then went to the REES Environmental Monitoring system - much more
expensive, but its hooked up to a computer and it alarms (audible from box
and calls on phone) if the equipment goes out of range.  The system is
validated by the company 2x's / year.  We can print out the data in a
variety of formats for our report purposes.  We have it set to record 1 x /
hour normally and every minute if the equipment is out of range.

Really depends on how much you are willing to spend and how sophisticated
you can afford to be.

Hope this helps.

Diane