PMFLIST Archives

December 2003

Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:30:03 -0500
Carolann:

   We have had Dicksons here at Del for about 2 years.  I love the versatility of the equipment.  You can purchase either single temp, single humidity, dual temp, or temp/humidity versions for all of your needs.  Also, they are relatively inexpensive and easy to work with.  The system allows you to set the "read times" and "hold times" for how often to take readings and how long to wait for equilibration after downloading data.  They are extremely useful in the event that you are monitoring equipment in several rooms or which is not immediately accessible every morning.

   We also have a Micro 2000 from Rees Scientific that we use in the main part of the lab.  This system has continuous monitoring, alarm printing, and I think can be hooked into a computer for downloading as well.  The only issue with this system is the cost in comparison to the Dickson.  I think we have 5 dual temps and 6 single temps, the data software and the calibration software from Dickson and the entire package was less than $1500.  The Micro 2000 is seriously more expensive.  It also requires running thermal probes from the central unit to your equipment and can be somewhat cumbersome to replace probes depending on how they are set up in the first place.

   If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me off list.

Vic Mencarelli
Microbiologist
DEL Labs, Inc.

AAI - http://www.aaiintl.com/Micro.htm