PMFLIST Archives

December 2003

From:
Horacio Bach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:59:21 -0500
Hi Gayle,
The best way to clean the vials up is using a solution of chromic acid.
That solution will destroy all the organic matter. Pay attention that for
TOC you must decrease the pH under 4.0. Also If suitable, you can heat the
vials above 550 cent.
Good luck

Horacio Bach, Ph.D.
Senior Research Scientist
Biotechnology  Research Laboratories
Taro Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
3 Skyline Dr.
Hawthorne, NY, 10532
Tel: 914-345-9001 ext. 6157
Fax: 914-347-5693
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Gayle Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
12/16/2003 02:20 PM
Please respond to
The Pharmaceutical Microbiology Forum Email List

cc

Subject
[PMFLIST] TOC testing

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to clean glassware for TOC?  I am
used to just buying the glassware and I guess never asked how they cleaned
it.  Currently they depyrogenate the TOC glassware here and I was unsure
if that was good enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gayle Shaw
QE Validation Microbiologist
Cryolife, Inc

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail message may contain information that is
privileged and/or confidential.   If you are not the addressee or an
authorized recipient of this message, any distribution, copying,
publication, or use of this information for any purpose is prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and then delete this
message.

for their support of this service.
AAI - http://www.aaiintl.com/Micro.htm
Accugenix - http://www.accugenix.com/