PMFLIST Archives

December 2003

From:
Cindy Duhigg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:13:36 EST
The "Glassware Cleaning" section of any of Anatel's stock SOP's describes a
laboratory detergent/hydrogen peroxide cleaning sequence that works very well
in practical use.  Anatel also recommends chromic acid for recalcitrant items
(yeah, I know - when there's a better alternative I'll use it, too), and I have
always required this step for new glassware or glassware with uncertain
history.

Good document source is: www.anatel.com, and a good SOP example is available
at www.anatel.com/pdf/A1Ksop1001.pdf, "Glassware Cleaning".

NOW; once those flasks are clean, DEDICATE THEM, and store them carefully
(covering the mouth of each flask with foil helps)!  It is much easier than
pursuing a failure investigation every time someone from the QC lab borrows a piece
of glassware and cleans it to "laboratory standards".

Good luck,
Cindy Duhigg

AAI - http://www.aaiintl.com/Micro.htm
Accugenix - http://www.accugenix.com/