PMFLIST Archives

December 2003

From:
Gayle Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:03:52 -0500
Hi everyone,
I am wondering if everyone could answer a question on Environmental
Monitoring in hoods

1) Do you shut off your laminar flow hoods or Biosafety Cabinets when no
one is in them?  If so what is the policy of being allowed back in the
hoods upon start up?
        I have been around enough to have seen a couple different way a)
hood shut off no ultraviolet lights, 30 minutes start up before allowing
anyone in hoods b) blower shut off,ultraviolet lights on, 30 minutes start
up of blower before allowing anyone in hoods c) blower on, ultraviolet
light on, no time delay after turning normal lights on.

Gayle Shaw
QE Validation Microbiologist
Cryolife, Inc

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail message may contain information that is
privileged and/or confidential.   If you are not the addressee or an
authorized recipient of this message, any distribution, copying,
publication, or use of this information for any purpose is prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and then delete this
message.

AAI - http://www.aaiintl.com/Micro.htm
Accugenix - http://www.accugenix.com/
Microcheck - http://www.microcheck.com/