PMFLIST Archives

December 2003

From:
Tony Grilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:37:35 -0500
Hi Dawn.

I don't know about acceptable, but it certainly seems goofy.

If they can't count the plate on Day 5, it would be better they just
call it "Day 6" and justify this action with a protocol deviation,
rather then cycling those poor bugs from 35C to 2C to 35C again.
Regardless, it's a protocol deviation as they haven't suspended time
(even if they think they've suspended eukaryotic animation) and they are
still counting colonies on Day 6.

An extra day won't make colonies "disappear".

All of that temp cycling could affect viability, should you want to ID
the colony later on.

Tony

FOCUS Scientific, Inc.
1 800 874 7034