Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:38:27 -0500
Dear Forum Members,           We currently spray the purified water point
of use sites with 70% IPA and allow the water to run for 2 minutes before
taking samples for microbiological analysis.  An auditor questioned if we
ever evaluated for trace amounts of IPA after the 2 minute flush, as there
could be some bacteriocidal activity remaining.  It seems like a good
question. We use PCA for plating media.  I was wondering if anyone has
done such an evaluation, and if so, how they may have performed that
study.  Thanks in advance,  Peter

Accugenix - http://www.accugenix.com/
Biomerieux - http://industry.biomerieux-usa.com/
Microcheck Inc,  Microbial Analysis Laboratory - http://www.microcheck.com