From:
James Rickloff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:20:05 -0400
Hi Scott,

I don't see a need to heat shock unless you are verifying the vendor's
spore count. Isolator sterilants are not heat processes so there is no
need to remove spores that are weak in terms of being heated to a
certain temperature for a defined period of time. There should be a
minimal number of vegetative organisms on the stainless BI.

Regards,

Jim Rickloff
Partner / Principal Scientist
Advanced Barrier Concepts, Inc.