From:
Tony Cundell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 10:03:14 -0400
Curtis,

Soybean oil is bacteriostatic due to the presence of fatty acids so the
strategy of using polysorbate 20 and Lecithin as neutralizers and modest
dilution probably will not work.

The method of maufacture is solvent extraction using petroluem hydrocarbons
from crushed soybeans, filtration at 0 degree C, and alkali treatment to
removal sterols and phospolipids.

The maunacturing process and low water activity does not make the material a
risk for microbial contamination

Tony Cundell
Scarsdale, NY