From:
Tony Cundell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 09:08:59 -0400
David,

Interesting questions.

I believe I would begin pouring the water sample into the filter funnel to
partially fill the funnel, pull a partial vacuum, and continue adding the
sample. I would avoid drying the filter between the sample and any rinse I
may apply.

I would verify the accuracy of the funnel calibrations. I believe the
Milliflex Plus has the provision to record the weight of the sample
filtered.

Remember this is not a high precision measurement like subatomic physics.
The %RSD is in the range of 15-30%

Tony Cundell
Scarsdale, NY