From:
Nancy Tomoney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 08:24:34 -0400
You should be doing membrane filtration and not a plate count.  The oil has
shown to be antimicrobial properties.  Typically items that can be liquid
are filtered through 0.45 um membranes and not tested by plate count.  A
typical example is sesame oil which is  common carrier for sterile
injections that are not water soluble.

Nancy E. Tomoney
1309 Lee Way
Forked River NJ 08731