From:
stacey chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 10:50:22 +0800
Dear all,

  1) May I have a clarification regarding the difference between this 3
types of bacteria:- enterobacteria,coliform and e.coli? Is Enterobacteriacea
the same as enterobacteria?

  2) I am using BP(british pharmacopoeia) as my std ref. for my test
methods. Since this std ref. is usually used for tradisional medicine and
pharmaceutical products(is this true??as I find most accredited labs in my
country -malaysia uses this std ref. when testing the similar type of
products), I find it provides only a brief explanation/description on the
test methods unlike some other std ref. like BS,AS and FDA.Can I incorporate
methods from other std ref.?Does this action meets the requirements for
competence testing labs ISO17025?For example,the test method I'm using for
TBC is based on BP but can I incorporate the test method for the calculation
part from FDA? You see, the calculation part in BP only explains in general
but not in detail. The purpose I'm enquiring is because I'm currently in the
process of producing my lab's working instructions and SOP.

  Hoping for an early response from all soon:p Thank you!

Stacey

MIDI, Inc. - http://www.midi-inc.com

Millipore - http://www.millipore.com