From:
stacey chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 10:01:32 +0800
Dear all,

Thank you for sharing with me ur views for my last inquiries:)

1) I am setting a microb lab and need to know how to sterilize the room.

2) Is it really necessary to have a buffer room?If not what alternative
option I have?Can I suggest creating a door inside the room connected to the
adjoining room(its my lab manager's room)?

3) Is it necessary to have a HEPA filtered air con?

5) Can anyone help me to interprete this sentence: Transfer the quantity of
the contents corresponding to 1g or 1ml of the sample to 100 ml of
enrichment medium....(extracted from BP method 2.6.13)  Does it mean I need
to transfer 10ml of the contents(sample)?As for preparation of the
sample,when we dissolve 10g or 10ml of product in 90ml buffer base on a one
in ten dilution,the concentration of sample is 0.1g/ml.So,if I am
transfering 10ml of the contents into 100ml buffer or broth,is the
concentration 10/110=0.09g/ml?

6) For the evaluation of Salmonella(10g or ml),will the concentration of
sample be 10g or ml if we were to transfer 1ml of the enrichment
culture(sample that was prepared in CASO broth) to 10ml of tetrathionate
bile brilliant green broth ?(from BP method 2.6.13).Please explain how?

Thank you

Stacey

MIDI, Inc. - http://www.midi-inc.com

Millipore - http://www.millipore.com