Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 09:23:34 -0500

From: The Pharmaceutical Microbiology Forum Email List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Devon Borman
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PMFLIST] Isolators

Forum,

For those of you who use isolators for sterility testing, I have a few
questions:

(1)  Do you prefer a glove box or a half-suit design?  What are the
advantages/disadvantages?  In particular, when using a glove-box
isolator,
are arm movements and manipulations more restrictive?
We prefer half-suit design because of the work volume.

(2)  Is the isolator in a classified environment?  If yes, why was the
decision made to do this?
No but it is a restricted area

(3)  Must the room in which the isolator is located be temperature and
humidity controlled?
There are operating parameters for the VHP generator.  Also, cycle times
are dependent on the temperature profile of your isolators

(4)  What vendor did you use?
La Calhene

(5)  Any other advice?

Thanks!

Devon

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from
McAfee(r)

for their support of this service.

MIDI, Inc. - http://www.midi-inc.com

Millipore - http://www.millipore.com

The nature of this service is to provide a medium for communication.
The specific statements and endorsements of individuals participating in
the discussions are not necessarily those of The Microbiology Network,
Inc., the PMF, or the sponsors of the list.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.