From:
stacey chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 15:24:46 +0800
Thanx a million Brendan and Dan!!

   *Brendan:*
 I was not able to open the pdf file.Can you please resend to me?By the
way,what QA book are you refering to?As far as I am concern Duran is a
glassware brand:p Can't find anything related to QA stuff on the net.

For question 1: If you say you add 10ml of product to 190ml of
diluent,wouldn't the ratio for sample prep be 1:20?Then it is't applying to
the std method which uses 1:10.May I know is the 1:50 ratio determined by
trial & error?How do you come to that ratio then?I don't find it in the
pharmacopoeia.

*   Dan:*
There was a typo error in the last sentence of the question.What I meant was
'So,when I don't find it in the pharmacopoeia I'm transfering 0.1ml of the
contents into 100ml broth,is the concentration1g/ml?But anyway, since you
explain that '  The principle of methods is to revigorate enterobacteria so
the sample is diluted directly in broth medium ...' I should be transfering
10ml (since its actually dilution even its added to enrich. broth).
10g sample + 90ml broth D-------0.1g product in 1ml
                so;1g or ml --------0.1 x *10ml *+ 100ml broth E

For question 6:
What is Harmonised method? I don't find it in the pharmacopoeia.

Hope to hear from all soon.Thank you!

Stacey

MIDI, Inc. - http://www.midi-inc.com

Millipore - http://www.millipore.com