From:
Fábio Pacheco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:13:23 -0700
Hello Cindy,
BioMerieux has a product called BioBall (www.bioball.com). Basically, it is a sphere of microorganisms contained in a glass flask. They claim this product delivers a very precise amount of cells.
For example: SingleShot contains a mean of 28-33 cfu, with a standard deviation of 3 cfu or less;
MultiShot 550 contains a mean of 500-600 cfu, with a standard deviation of <10%;
HighDose 10K contains a mean of 8000-12000, with a standard deviation of <15%.

Personally, I've never used it, but maybe you want to know more about this product and see if it fits in all your needs.

Best regards,
Fabio Pacheco, Senior Microbiologist
Microbiology Online