Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 17:33:55 +0700
Dear Mey,
your explanation is really interesting, since I'm improving the URS for
isolator now.
Did you use vaporized hydrogen peroxide as celaning method?
May I know what is the brand of your isolator?
Thanks

Warm regards,
Tryana Sinaga

PT Ferron Par Pharmaceuticals
Kawasan Industri Jababeka I
Jl. Jababeka VI Blok J - 3
Cikarang, Bekasi 17520
Telp. 021-898-33333
Fax. 021-898-33838

meylina frida <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: The Pharmaceutical Microbiology Forum Email List
04/16/2011 11:13 PM
Please respond to
The Pharmaceutical Microbiology Forum Email List

cc

Subject
Re: [PMFLIST] Practical demonstration on sterility test in Isolator

Dear Ramchandra,
I have experience in performing opened system in LAF and closed system in
isolator
What's your main purpose of changing the working environment from LAF to
isolator? Is it because some of your failure result of sterility test is
identified mostly came from your environment or from your personnel?
and what is your class background of isolator ?

I found many difficulties in doing sterility test in isolator.
1. You have to do validation on your cleaning procedure of your isolator.
You must set the right cleaning procedure of isolator, because if you want
to do cleaning process, you must open your isolator, and the problem is
the possibility of contamination to your isolator from surrounding
environment
2. You must give special intention in process transferring
 of your sample, media & tools from pass through chamber to main chamber
and main chamber to pass through chamber of isolator. I found it's very
difficult, because the space of pass through chamber is limited. On the
contrary, if you want to testing a lot of sample, you must consider the
maximum sample, tools and sanitizing agent you want to insert to your
isolator. The more you open the pass through to insert your sample and
tools, the more the contamination will happen. Due to the limited space of
pass through, I set the maximum sample of my sterility testing per shift
is 4 sample. On the contrary, if i performed in LAF with B background, i
can test maximum 8 sample per shift.
3. You must do validation of your analyst on performing sterility test in
isolator. At the first time it's implemented, I have sterility failure on
my test. The limitation of moving hand, taking sample with hand wearing
gloves form pass through to main chamber can cost failure also.

And if we're talking about efficiency, you will save a lot of money if you
just bought closed system equipment rather that isolator. There's a lot of
effort you must do.

I hope this answer your question.Good luck.

Thanks & Best Regards

-Mey-