From:
Courtland Imel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 10:00:58 -0500
Phil,
I believe this reference is extremely critical at this time as Agency inspectors and state inspectors are citing firms for using 80% EtOH and 70% IPA as a drying agent and sanitizer on product surfaces and non-product contact surfaces prior to start up, namely in non-sterile facilities.    These facilities include pharmaceutical, device, cosmetic, food, and dietary supplement.

The citation is for using inappropriate sanitising chemicals.  Many of these firms also use peracetic acid/ peroxide, which is not the issue.  The use of alcohol is the issue on product contact surfaces and non-product surfaces.

I had always used a reference article from the mid 1970's, but this one is too old apparently and no longer appropriate.

Thanks,
Courtland

Sent from my iPhone