From:
Kate Ambrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2011 18:49:44 -0700
I am sorry - I no longer remember the value we used to use - but it might be around absorbance of about 0.35? You may want to do your own correlation study.

As far as the absorbance changing - it does not change during the week you are storing the suspension. The counts in CFU/mL may decrease slightly, but not significantly. We read the absorbance only once a week when we prepared the suspension and after that only did a plate count every time we used this suspension.  Ultimately it is the actual plate count that is your starting point - not the absorbance. The absorbance is just a screening step.

During the develpment phase a long time ago - before the guidelines came into play - we would also check to see if the suspension may have sporulated (formed mycelium) in the refrigerator. But unless the suspension got left out of the refrigerator, this was not a problem.

Hope this helps,

Kate Ambrus