From:
ali raza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2011 09:09:37 -0700
Hello Carolyn;

An IU (International Unit) is a unit  of measurement for vitamins and other specific biologically active substances.   The precise definition of one IU differs from substance to substance  and is established by international agreement for each substance. There  is no equivalence among different substances; for instance, one IU of  vitamin E does not contain the same number of milligrams as one IU of  vitamin A.

Hope it is helpful for you.

ali kureishi