PMFLIST Archives

March 2012

From:
Jessica Wentzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:20:05 -0700
I'm looking for some guidance on the USP requirement for growth
promotion of media.  I work for a medical device company (non-sterile
manufacturing) and I use TSA and SDA RODACS and RCS strips for
environmental monitoring.  My lab is very new and I do not have the
capability to perform GP yet.  The vendor of the media performs GP
prior to releasing it to customers.  I have written in to our
procedures to confirm that this testing is passing and we obtain
CofA's for all media used.  Is this enough?  Or am I not in compliance
by not performing GP myself?

Thanks!

Jessica

Lonza Rapid Testing Solutions - http://www.lonza.com/rts