PMFLIST Archives

March 2012

From:
Byron Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:59:27 -0700
Chris,

Laminar Flow Benchs are better for protecting the sample from contamination by the technician, because the air flow is away from the sample. Biohazard hoods protect the technician from the sample, but the downward airflow makes contamination of the sample by the technician more likely. Whether it makes any real difference, depends on the limits for the sample and  the other controls you have in place (gowning, gloves etc).

Regards,
Byron Lewis