PMFLIST Archives

March 2012

From:
Trupti Bhagat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2012 16:02:46 +0530
Hello everyone,

The below is from WHO guidelines for Microbiology. Please have this
explained to me and also which processes of sterilizations such instances
may appear.

5.4 Organism resuscitation

5.4.1 Organism resuscitation is required where test methodologies may
produce sub-lethally injured cells. For example, exposure to:
 injurious effects of processing, e.g. heat;
 antimicrobial agents;
 preservatives;
 extremes of osmotic pressure; and
 extremes of pH.

5.4.2 Organism resuscitation may be achieved by:
 exposure to a liquid media like a simple salt solution at room
temperature for 2 hours;
 exposure to a solid repair medium for 46 hours.

regards,

Trupti Bhagat

Lonza Rapid Testing Solutions - http://www.lonza.com/rts