PMFLIST Archives

March 2012

From:
"Polarine, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2012 08:09:58 -0600
Sue:
I recommend spraying the gloved hands and letting them air dry.  Generally a wet contact time of a few minutes would be effective in sanitizing the gloves against vegetative bacteria.  The main goal would be to keep the gloved hands wet for a specified time that in many cases can be validated in your efficacy testing studies on rubber surfaces.
The references below are good ones for 70% IPA efficacy:

Polarine, J., Macauley, J., Karanja, P., Klein, D., Martin, A. (2009) Evaluating the Activity of Disinfectants against Fungi Cleanrooms: The Magazine of Contamination Control Technology February 2009 V. 23 N. 2.
Block, SS, ed. (2001) Disinfection, Sterilization, and Preservation. 5th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia.

Please feel free to contact me offline for further questions.

Jim Polarine Jr.

Jim Polarine Jr., MA.
Formulated Chemistries
Technical Service Manager