Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:22:44 -0500
Dear Rob,

A flow rate of 0.5 meter/second is too slow for a purified water
distribution system..  You need to have a flow rate of 1 to 2 meters per
second in order to have a continuous turbulent flow of water in the system
to help prevent biofilm formation in the distribution system.   For
references on purified water systems, please obtain copies of the
following books:

Meltzer, T.H., Pharmaceutical Water Systems, Tall Oaks Pub. 1996

Collentro, W.V., Pharmaceutical Water: System Design, Operation and
Validation. Interpharm/CRC, Washington, DC, 1999.

Besides these 2 book references,  there are some very good articles on
pharmaceutical water systems that have been written by TC Soli that may
also be very helpful in answering your questions on purified water
systems..

Regards,
Don

Donald J. English