PSDGLIST Archives

October 2016

PSDGLIST@LISTS.MICROBIOLOGYNETWORK.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2016 10:56:35 +0530
From:
Tukaram Pandharipande <[log in to unmask]>
*1) XLD Agar-* The following bacteria form yellow colonies on XLD Agar-

E. coli ATCC 8739 and Enterobacter aerogenes ATCC 13048 from yellow
colonies.

Proteus vulgaris ATCC 13315 and ATCC 25933 form yellow colonies and may
have black centres.

*2) EMB Agar-* The following bacteria form pink colonies on EMB Agar-

Enterobacter aerogenes ATCC 13048 and Klbsiella pneumoniae ATCC13883.

Proteus mirabilis ATCC form colorless colonies without mettalic sheen.

On Vogel Johnson Agar,   S. aureus ATCC 25923 and 6538 both form black
colonies and medium color changes to yellow.

On Mannitol Salt Agar, S. aureus ATCC 25923 and 6538 both form yellow
colonies and medium color changes to yellow.

On both VJ and MSA, S. epidermidis ATCC 12228 forms transluscent to black
colonies, without changing the medium color.