PMFLIST Archives

April 2017

Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 02:43:15 -0400
Dear Forum,

Does anyone have any experience of neutralizing ascorbic acid?

I am trying to validate the bioburden test (pre-sterile filtration bioburden) for a product that contains 50mg/ml of ascorbic acid, but it is inhibiting the growth of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. I have tried neutralization with MgCl2 but the results have been somewhat inconclusive. The product cannot be diluted enough without compromising the sensitivity of the test method, and I can't use membrane filtration. Do you have any suggestions what would be a suitable method and/or a neutralizer?

Thank you in advance

Best regards,
Joan

Charles River Microbial Solutions:  Endosafe, Accugenix & Celsis   - www.criver.com/micro