PMFLIST Archives

April 2017

From:
Rick Jakober <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 14:03:58 +0000
Yes it is associated with ISO 17025. We've been doing uncertainty for over 15 years. It is used during the enumeration portion of the testing. We calculate it annually using proficiency tests for all of our technicians and use the known value vs. the technicians values. The proficiency allows us to take into account ALL the uncertainty values like pipets etc.

Essentially in microbiology we translate uncertainty as the following:

"If a sample comes in with a known value, the uncertainty would be the range from the true value when any of our technicians perform the testing."

I can give you more detail as we've been doing this for quite a while. Other auditors may have different opinions but the chemistry equivalent of this does not fit our field.

Rick
www.perritt.com