From:
Anthony Bevilacqua <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2018 16:08:03 +0000
Jovan,

1. Going back to the original question, I assume you mean "1 cfu per 100 mL"? You didn’t specify volume.

2. While the spec is 10cfu/100mL (and "spec" is really the wrong word for USP, but it is the generally accepted number), 1cfu/100 mL may or may not trigger alarms depending on the usage of the water.   Your internal alarm level of "1/100mL" is an internal spec, and this is your (company) decision.  There is no external pressure or standard to alarm at "1".

3. That being said, I would be looking at causes of "why do you get a periodic 1 cfu/100mL".  Is it truly the water in the water system (unlikely if it is hot), or is it the hose, the flushing, the sampling method, the analyst, the procedure?  Is it a non-water-borne bacteria?  These would be the questions on my mind.

Anthony