From:
Tony Cundell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2018 13:13:12 -0400
Falkow died May 5th. He retired as a professor of microbiology at Stanford
University in 2005

The story of Boyer, Cohen and Falkow meeting for supper in a Honolulu deli
during a scientific conference of bacterial plasmids outlining the basic
idea for recombinant DNA technology on a paper napkin is described in this
ASM News article.

Falkow S.2001.I’ll have the chopped liver, please,or how I learned to love
the clone.ASM News67:555–59

--
Tony Cundell, Ph. D.
Consulting Microbiologist