From:
Donald English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2018 18:49:47 -0500
Dear Dave,

In the E.P.A. Disinfection test methods, they recommend the addition of 5% blood serum to the inoculum to simulate an organic  load.   I can see using an organic load for disinfection of surfaces in a medical or dental environment due to the presence of blood and other body fluids.  In a pharmaceutical environment, equipment surfaces before sanitization should be free of an organic load unless you are trying to disinfect the floors of a facility.  To validate the cleaning of equipment surfaces after manufacturing, I have seen people to use TOC on final purified water rinses.

Don

Consultant

Sent from my iPhone