From:
SHADY ABD EL-RAOUF <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2018 08:18:56 +0000
Tammy,

It is recommended -but not mandatory- by several guidelines to have a separate autoclave for decontamination, However, it will depends on your country, your auditor (if you are seeking for accreditation), how well your laboratory design and how well you segregate different laboratory operations.

Examples of guidelines that recommend a separate autoclave for decontamination are:

1- WHO Technical Report Series, No. 961, 2011, Annex 2: WHO good practices for pharmaceutical microbiology laboratories.
2- Eurachem guide, Accreditation for Microbiological Laboratories, second edition 2013

Regards

Shady