From:
aaron fielder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2018 19:22:21 +1000
I've actually tried it, and yes the results are awful, which then begs
the question, why do we do it at all? Everyone uses swabs, of various
technologies, on all surfaces,  and assumes that the results actually
mean something, but really, what they mean is, if you find something,
anything, you could have a major problem. Try explaining that to a
non-microbiologist auditor who assumes that sampling swabs produce
empirical data....

Rodac plates, on the other hand, can be shown to have a (not very
impressive, but) consistent level of effectiveness, if your surface is
flat...

  best regards, Aaron