From:
Ralph Linares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2018 07:13:39 -0400
Hi Mike! I agree. I've tried all manner/mfrs. of swabs with miserable
recovery, and also organism dependent. In my opinion swabs for microbial
sampling should remain in the clinical setting they came from for
qualitative sampling. If there's no way around it, then used only for a
very limited number of samples for quantitative sampling, only after having
shown recoveries of 50% or better for the method. I wouldn't want to
speculate on the multiplication factor for such low recoveries using a
flawed method. Maybe someone should manufacture "TSA-Tips" for this purpose!

Best Regards,

Rafael