From:
Caron Ockerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2018 14:23:58 +0000
To all,
I am not aware of any validated method accepted by industry to test AET on dried products. It is my understanding that dried products do not require AET because the water activity is so low. I think I know of one cosmetic company that  performed their own validation using spray inoculation, but other than that company, I have heard little on how to perform this testing. I do not have the microbiological testing book from the PCPC, but even in the limited conversations I have had with them, AET isn't required on powder products.

I guess my question is: has anyone performed this? How did you do it? How accurate were the results? Many thanks for your input!

Kind Regards,

Caron Ockerman | Microbiology Lab Manager
Elba Laboratories | 1925 W. Maple Rd. | Troy, MI 48084
Phone: 248.288.6098 | http://elba-labs.com<http://elba-labs.com/>

NOTICE: The information contained in this email message is confidential, and intended solely for the use of the individual named. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee/agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it without retaining any copies.