From:
"Hallworth, Mark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2020 14:03:16 +0000
Evangelian,

The Compressed Air & Gas Institute (CAGI) defines those contaminants that need to be removed or reduced from industrial use compressed air. These contaminants fall into four categories:

- Particles
- Water
- Oil
- Microorganisms

ISO 8573-1:2010 is a compressed air quality specification that addresses these contaminants by providing a range of purity classes for particles, water and oil (No class is defined for gases or microorganisms).

ISO 8573 refers to gaseous contaminants as: carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons (C1 to 5), sulfur dioxide, nitric oxide, and nitrogen dioxide. If your product could be adversely affected by a particular gaseous contaminant, then it should be considered in your Risk Assessment and engineering controls, and monitoring specifications.

Regards,

Mark Hallworth
Life Sciences Regional Manager