From:
Laura Fay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:42:23 PST
To all,

I work for a small biotech company and we are trying to determine the
appropriate method for sterilizing & testing silicone grease (packed in
petri dishes for use with cloning rings).  Has anybody had any
experience with this?  From what I have learned through anecdotes, the
best method is dry heat, but I have not been able to find any literature
on this.

And what would be the best way to demonstrate sterility?  Would
parametric release of a batch of prepared silicone grease plates be
sufficient?  We would like to use these plates in the cloning of cells
for implantation to patients in early clinical trials.

What has your experience been in performing a USP sterility test on this
material?  Can you recommend a dispersing agent that will not wreak
havoc on my B&F testing?  Thank you in advance for your help.