From:
"Shih, Katherine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:56:15 -0800
Emma:
You can follow USP 23, p 1681, <51> Antimicrobial Preservatives
Effectiveness and the Supplement 8, p 4293 for testing the antimicrobial
activity.  Also, you can follow <61> Microbial Limit Tests to test the
contamination level.  I hope you can find this reference in the library.
You can also found the information in British Pharmacopoeia (Appendix XVI)
or European Pharmacopoeia.  Good luck.

Katherine Shih
Oread