Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:15:24 EST
Winfried,

Your experimental results are in agreement with the idea that I offered, which
is that it won't make much difference what temperature is used, assuming we
are talking about standard mesophilic range conditions.  I didn't specify what
challenge bugs to use: pedigree or wild type.  I should have.  My approach
would again be the same as yours:  use environmental/process isolates over
pedigreed strains.

I do think that extended incubation, no matter the temperature, will cull out
more cfus up to a reasonable point.  Of course, this causes problems when
relating to USP <71>.

Richard Prince