From:
"Derek B. Wimmer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 08:52:26 -0600
Fausto,

I would think that with a disinfectant soap, there would be more residuals
to worry about, which is further cleaning validation to make sure no
residuals remained.  Genereally, most of the bugs are going to come from
the water and the people, so you'd get primarily Pseudomonads and
Staphs.  Clean water and gloved hands help cut this down.  Drying in an
oven may help if you can get the containers hot enough.  The choice of
monitoring with RODACs vs. swabs has been discussed in this forum;
basically whatever works easiest for you.  Things to consider are how
big the container is, how long things are stored in them, and what the
bioburden contribution of the container versus the components are. Also,
consider when the results are off (3 days later) and the state of the
container after that time.  I think that the chemical side of the question
would take precedence of the micro.  Good luck!

Derek WImmer