From:
Stanley Alekman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 12:56:38 EST
Sir:

I visited a water testing lab in Japan that does some micro testing. The
communication was not good because I have no Japanese capability and the
person I spoke to had limited english.

This lab does coliform testing using what they call an enzyme specific media
and 366 nm illumination for visualization of E coli. Test time is 24 hours.
They perform this test first, and in addition to the standard tests for E coli
which take a week.

Can someone tell me more about this test? The media? etc.

Thank you.
Stan Alekman