I received a catalog from W. Bruce Fye Antiqurium Medical Books that contained the report by Robert Koch and George Gaffky on the German Cholera Commission trip to Egypt and India to determine the ethiological agent of Cholera. The leather bound book published in 1887 contains 272 pages and 29 photomicrographs, maps and tables. The price is $1250 which may make it a better investment than an internet stock. I would buy it but I do not read German.

This expedition has certainly a high point in Koch's career as a microbiologist.  If you are interested I recommend that you read Tom Brock's biography of Robert Koch.

Tony Cundell
Wyeth-Ayerst Pharmaceuticals