Sorry, only just got round now to reading this.

If you are referring to solid media such as Brewer's Agar, TSA,
Colombia agar, etc., you should definitely incubate for sterility
testing in anaerobic conditions. If not, then you have no way of
knowing if the media is contaminated with obligatory anaerobes, as
they will fail to grow, thus rendering your sterility check worthless.
In general, the conditions for the sterility QC test should be similar
to routine test conditions.

For thioglycollate broth - the lower regions of the broth are meant to
be inherently anaerobic without the need for an anaerobic jar. During
routine use they are incubated in a normal aerobic incubator, and your
QC sterility test should use similar conditions.

Baruch Pinnick,
Omrix Pharmaceuticals, ISRAEL
=========