Print

Dear Joan ,
I read down some articels on Ascorbic acid and come to know DAT Ascorbic
acid aqueous solution bcm more basic ,hence reduce down pH to 7 or above
6.5 so that it cant affect growth.High pH of aqu. Solution causes
bacteriostatic effect due to higher oxidation rate causing H2O2 producing
as a byproduct. So reducing pH and then adding culture might help you.

Ganesh